Download CPCS A02 Crawler Crane Above 10 Tonnes Theory Test Answers
CPCS A02 Crawler Crane Above 10 Tonnes Course Description
This 9-day course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a crawler crane.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a crawler crane safely.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operating the crane safely and productively
- Responding to recognised crane signals accurately
- Positioning the crane correctly
- Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carrying out routine maintenance and making minor adjustments
- Understanding safe-load indicators and duties charts
- Identify the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Programming safe-load indicators
- Understanding the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Observing the statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Gauging the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Recognising the principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear.
Teaching and assessment
- 8 days training – classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.