Download CPCS A16 Industrial Forklift Truck Theory Test Answers
CPCS A16 Industrial Forklift Truck Course Description
This Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) training course is aimed at operators of Industrial Counterbalance Forklifts, working in either a warehouse or construction environment. All delegates need to have passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
Course content is suitable for both novice and experienced operators of Industrial/Counterbalance Forklift machines but is split into two different courses; one for foundation/novice operators, and one for experienced workers, with over 2 years’ experience operating the machine.
- Foundation/Novice CPCS Forklift course – course typically lasts for 3-4 days and will include 2-3 days of theory and practical training before the final day of the course, which will consist of CPCS theory and practical technical tests
- Experienced Worker CPCS Forklift course – this course lasts 2 days and will consist of theory training on the first day, and CPCS theory and practical technical tests on the second.
Successful delegates of either course level will gain the CPCS red card (trained operator), which is valid for 2 years. Candidates who hold this can then register to complete the NVQ in Plant Operations to obtain the Blue Competent Operators CPCS card.
CPCS Course Detail
This CPCS forklift training course is tailored to the level of experience of the operator, but both Foundation/Novice and Experienced Worker courses cover the same counterbalance training and content; the Foundation/Novice course is longer to allow for practical training and further in-depth theory.
For all CPCS categories, the CPCS theory test is a verbal Q&A session which will take approximately an hour to complete. The CPCS practical test for the Counterbalance/Industrial Forklift must be completed within seventy minutes and will consist of the candidate using the machine to complete a variety of activities and manoeuvres including lifting and placing loads.
This CPCS course includes the following elements:
- Counterbalance training including the basic construction and components of the machine
- Operator’s handbook, including manufacturer instructions and applicable legislation
- How to load the machine correctly, ensuring load integrity and security
- Travel with the machine in confined areas, in both a loaded and unloaded state. This will include forward and reverse directions and how to set the forklift for various loads
- Safe working parameters
- Loading and unloading procedures, including on and off a transporter
- Placing and retrieving loads from a range of locations, including vehicle beds and trailers
- How to configure the forklift for various situations, including travel
- Pre-use, post-use and running checks