Download CPCS A33 Agricultural Tractor Theory Test Answers
CPCS A33 Agricultural Tractor Course Description
To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating an Agricultural Tractor, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle plant components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces with mounted and trailed implements
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces with trailed and mounted implements
- Attach and set trailed implements ready for work
- Attach and set mounted implements ready for work
- Attach and set power take-off drives ready for work
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operate a mounted or power-driven implement
- Remove and store trailed and mounted implements
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
DURATION OF TRAINING
|Number of Training Days Required Novice|
(Less than 1 years or no operational experience)
|Number of Training Days Required if an Intermediate (1-2 Years Operational Experience)||Number of training days required if experienced (2+ years operational experience)||Test Only Option|
|5||2 – 3||1||1/2|
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
CPCS (A33) – Agricultural Tractor Training Courses
This category of Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) training course is aimed at operatives of Agricultural Tractors. All candidates must have successfully completed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test within the past two years.
There are two skill levels available for this CPCS training course. For those with 2 years constant and recent experience, an Experienced Worker CPCS course may be suitable. For those without this experience, the Foundation CPCS course available. Experienced Worker courses in this CPCS category typically last 2 days, whereas the Foundation course will last longer; typically, 3 or 4 days.
Successful candidates will receive the Red CPCS Card (Trained Operator) endorsed with the Agricultural Tractor category. This is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years, red card holders can work towards their NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue Competent Operator CPCS Card.
If you are a private individual looking to undertake a CPCS certification training course and gain a CPCS card. Please also read our guidelines for CPCS Training and the Private Individual, as the implications are different to those of a CITB registered company.
CPCS Course Detail
This CPCS training course aims to teach operatives how to safely operate an Agricultural Tractor. Elements covered at all skill levels will ensure operators can carry out a range of tasks related to this plant machinery.
This CPCS course includes the following elements:
- Naming the principle elements, components and controls of the plant machinery
- Pre and post use checks
- Shut down and securing procedures
- Attaching and setting a range of implements ready for work, including trailed, mounted and power take off drives
- Removing said implements and storing them correctly
- Identifying hazards, underground and overhead services
- Loading and unloading procedures
For all CPCS categories, the CPCS theory test is a verbal questions and answer session which will take approximately an hour to complete. The CPCS practical test for the Agricultural Tractor must be completed within an hour and will consist of the candidate using the machine to complete a variety of activities and manoeuvres including compacting and spreading materials.